Tornado Confirmed Near Herrick In Susquehanna County Pennsylvania
- Location: Herrick in Susquehanna County Pennsylvania
- Date: April 28 2011
- Estimated time: 550 AM EDT to 555 AM EDT
- Maximum ef-scale rating: Ef0
- Estimated maximum wind speed: 75 MPH
- Maximum path width: 80 yards
- Path length: 1.2 miles
- Beginning lat/lon: 41.73 N / 75.51 W
- Ending lat/lon: 41.73 N / 75.49 W
- Fatalities: None
- Injuries: None
The National Weather Service in Binghamton, NY has confirmed a tornado near Herrick in Susquehanna County Pennsylvania on April
The tornado touched down on Lewis Lake Road and uprooted many trees in one woodlot. The tornado then apparently lifted for a time before touching down again, damaging a mobile home. Part of The roof was torn off the mobile home and thrown about 100 yards. There were no injuries or fatalities. It is estimated that the tornado was on the ground for just a few minutes.
The information in this statement is preliminary and subject to change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in National Weather Service Storm Data.
For reference, the Enhanced Fujita Scale classification can be found here