EF1 Tornado Confirmed 7 Miles West Northwest of Rome in Oneida County New York
- Location: 7 miles wnw of rome in oneida county new york
- Date: April 26 2011
- Estimated time: 420 PM EDT
- Maximum ef-scale rating: EF1
- Estimated maximum wind speed: 100 MPH
- Maximum path width: 65 yards
- Path length: 200 yards
- Beginning lat/lon: 43.23 N / 75.60 W
- Ending lat/lon: 43.23 N / 75.60 W
- Fatalities: 0
- Injuries: 0
The national weather service in binghamton, ny has confirmed a tornado near 7 miles wnw of rome in oneida county new york on 04 26 2011.
A brief touchdown of an ef-1 tornado occurred in a wooded area near the intersection of state road 49 and lauther rd near verona mills. Damage included mulitple trees down and a snapped power pole.
The information in this statement is preliminary and subject to change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in National Weather Service Storm Data.
For reference, the Enhanced Fujita Scale classification can be found here