Tornado Confirmed Approximately 7 Miles South Southwest of Corning in Steuben County New York
- Location: 7 miles south southwest of Corning in Steuben county New York
- Date: july 26, 2012
- Estimated time: 3:38 PM EDT
- Maximum EF-scale rating: EF-1
- Estimated maximum wind speed: 80-90 MPH
- Maximum path width: 100 yards
- Path length: 0.3 miles
- Beginning lat/lon: 42.07 / 77.13w
- Ending lat/lon: 42.06 / 77.13w
- Fatalities: 0
- Injuries: 0
The National Weather Service in Binghamton, NY has confirmed a tornado approximately 7 miles south southwest
of Corning in Steuben county New York on July 26, 2012.
Touchdown occured near the intersection of Ryers Creek Road and River Road. Mainly tree damage.
Tree also fell on house.
The image below is the approximate path of the tornado.
The information in this statement is preliminary and subject to change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in National Weather Service Storm Data.
For reference, the Enhanced Fujita Scale classification can be found here.