EF0 Tornado Confirmed in Honesdale in Wayne County Pennsylvania
- Location: Honesdale in Wayne County Pennsylvania
- Date: July 29, 2011
- Estimated time: 4:48 to 4:50 PM EDT
- Maximum ef-scale rating: EF0
- Estimated maximum wind speed: 70 MPH
- Maximum path width: 100 yards
- Path length: 0.55 miles
- Beginning lat/lon: 41.5622n / 75.2641w
- Ending lat/lon: 41.5591n / 75.2544w
- Fatalities: 0
- Injuries: 0
This is the same storm as the previous tornado reported. A second touch down and area of damage was surveyed near the high school and middle school. This tornado was a little bit smaller and weaker. Still it took some shingles off a roof of a home and damaged some trim on another home. A couple dozen trees were snapped or uprooted along its path. Insulation from the roof of the middle school which was under construction was strewn to the north and northeast of the path.
Below is a map showing the approximate path and damage points. You will have to zoom in quite a bit in some locations to view the information.
The information in this statement is preliminary and subject to change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in National Weather Service Storm Data.
For reference, the Enhanced Fujita Scale classification can be found here