EF1 Tornado Confirmed near Milan in Bradford County Pennsylvania
- Location: Milan in Bradford County Pennsylvania
- Date: May 26, 2011
- Estimated time: 730 PM EDT
- Maximum EF-scale Rating: EF1
- Estimated maximum wind speed: 90 mph
- Maximum path width: 75 yards
- Path length: 0.4 miles
- Beginning lat/lon: 41.892231, -76.527025
- Ending lat/lon: 41.896315, -76.521884
- Fatalities: 0
- Injuries: 0
The National Weather Service in Binghamton, NY has confirmed a tornado near Milan in Bradford County Pennsylvania on May 26, 2011.
The tornado touched down on a hillside about 1 mile south to southwest of Milan at 730 PM EDT. The tornado then tracked to the northeast for about 4 tenths of a mile before lifting near Route 220. Most of the damage associated with this tornado was to trees. There was also a trailer that was damaged by the strong winds and falling trees. Maximum winds were estimated at 90 mph which falls into the EF1
category. The tornado was on the ground for just a few minutes.
The information in this statement is preliminary and subject to change pending final review of the event(s) and publication in National Weather Service Storm Data.
For reference, the Enhanced Fujita Scale classification can be found here