NWS CAE Facebook Info
NWS Columbia, SC Site
The National Weather Service in Columbia has a Facebook webpage. Please see the information below regarding the policies of this webpage. We hope to use this for outreach, severe weather reporting, and general info.
This page is a service provided by NWS to use Facebook to extend the reach of NWS information. Facebook posts do not always reflect the most current information. For current official info, visit: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cae
NWS will be using Facebook as a supplemental channel to disseminate environmental information and promote weather awareness activities including outreach and educational efforts. For more detailed information on this experimental service, see http://weather.gov/infoservicechanges/localfacebook_sdd.pdf
As a service:
*The amount and content of information provided may change.
*The frequency of updates posted to this page may vary and is not guaranteed.
Fans should not rely on this service as the primary means of receiving alerts/warnings of hazardous weather. NWS alerts/warnings are available on NOAA Weather Radio and our official website: http://www.weather.gov/
Responses to fan posts are made on a time-available basis and may be extremely limited during periods of severe weather.
NWS Posting Policy:
The National Weather Service (NWS) is using Facebook as a supplemental channel for improving weather awareness. Postings to this page highlight activities of interest and importance to both the weather community and the public, and include NWS meetings, constituent and partner engagement activities, and public education efforts.
Questions or comments about local forecasts or local advisories/watches/warnings need to be submitted to the issuing local Weather Forecast Offices. The local Weather Forecast Offices are listed at: http://www.weather.gov/organization.php
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by the NWS of any fan posts, links, or photos. Writers/fans are fully responsible for the content they submit.
Your comments are important to us and others who read these pages. It's important to remember that our weather community includes people of all ages and backgrounds. What seems funny to one person might be truly offensive to another. From our experience, the people who join in the dialog on these pages mostly self-moderate each other. The NWS posting policy is intended to set clear guidelines on what is appropriate for these pages. Above all, posted comments must be appropriate for all ages and be courteous and respectful of others and related to matters, activities, programs, policies or operations relevant to the NWS. NWS has established the following posting policies and reserves the right to delete postings that are inconsistent with them. Therefore, it is our policy to remove comments that:
* is from anyone younger than 13 years of age;
* contains defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language;
* contains malicious or offensive comments based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification;
* contains advertisements, endorsements, or promotions, including spam and similar content;
* contains comments on matters unrelated to activities of the National Weather Service or its programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility;
* contains impersonations or misrepresents the writer’s identity or affiliation;
* contains viruses or similar harmful programs;
* contains proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner;
* recommends that members of the public contact a member of Congress or of a state or local legislature;
* contains comments regarding a candidate in a partisan political campaign or regarding a political party; or
* contains information that violates a local, state, or national law.
For more about NWS use of FaceBook and other social networking services, see the page at: http://www.weather.gov/credits.php#socialmedia
The National Weather Service (NWS) provides weather, hydrologic, and climate forecasts and warnings for the United States, its territories, adjacent waters and ocean areas, for the protection of life and property and the enhancement of the national economy. NWS data and products form a national information database and infrastructure which can be used by other governmental agencies, the private sector, the public, and the global community.
|National Weather Service
Weather Forecast Office Columbia
2909 Aviation Way
West Columbia, S.C. 29170-2102
Page last modified: