|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|Severe Thunderstorms, and Flash Flooding in York County on June 1st, 2006|
After being spared for the most part over the last two days of thunderstorms that stayed mainly over the higher-terrain of Central PA, York County saw thunderstorms erupt in the afternoon that repeatedly developed over the same spot in southeastern York County near the towns of Fawn Grove and Brogue. This same area had been hit by torrential rains and flash flooding back in Mid June of 2003!
Preliminary Damage Reports in Text format
Reflectivity from 2258z (658pm EDT) with a nearly stationary thunderstorm over extreme southeast York County, PA. This storm produced over 5 inches of rain, and flash flooding in an area that got hit by flash flooding just a few years ago.
KCCX WSR-88D Three Hour Precipitation Estimate from 2000z through 2300z for Southeastern York County. Note the red colors indicating possibly over six inches of rain in three hours! These estimates were deemed to be too high, as they were most likely contaminated by hail, and a KCCX precipitation-algorithm setting that was incorrect. But, this does help to pinpoint the area of greatest rainfall, which is exactly where the flash flooding occurred.
2006 Weather Events/Features:
- Mini Severe Weather Event (Bow Echoes), March 13th.
- Hail Storms of April 3rd
- May 1st, 2006 - Tussey Mountain Wildfire
- May 30th, 2006 - Severe Pulse Thunderstorms
- May 31st, 2006 - Severe Pulse Thunderstorms, take #2
- June 1st, 2006 - Flash Flooding in York County
- June 2nd, 2006 - More Flash Flooding and Severe Weather in York County
- June 9th, 2006 - Severe Thunderstorms - Hail and Wind
- June 22nd, 2006 - Widespread Severe Thunderstorms
- Flooding of Late June 2006 - Widespread Flooding
- July 9th, 2006 - More Severe Pulse Thunderstorms
- July 10th, 2006 - Anti-Cyclonic Mesocyclone over Elk County
- July 18th, 2006 - Hail and Wind Producing Storms
- July 27th, 2006 - Hail and Wind Producing Storms
- August 25-26th, 2006 - Long-Lived Supercells
- September 1-2, 2006 - Rain from the remnants of TS Ernesto
- September 28th, 2006 - Severe Thunderstorms, including F1 Tornado in Cumberland County
- November 16th, 2006 - Severe Thunderstorms
- December 1st, 2006 - Severe Thunderstorms, including F1 Tornado in Dauphin County
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,