|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|Late Start to the Snow
Winter Season of 2006-2007
|Harrisburg got their first inch of snow (this season) on Groundhog Day!|
It took until the 2nd of February this year for Harrisburg to get at least one inch of snow in a calendar day. The 1.5 inches of snow that fell means they will not break the record for the latest inch of snow in a winter season, but they did come close. See the record(s) below.
Williamsport received 1.8 inches of snow on the 30th of January, just a few days short of breaking the record for the latest first inch of snow in a winter season.
|Williamsport got their first measurable snow on January 10th this season.|
Harrisburg waited until January 22nd for measurable snow to fall.
From the Climate Database (long-term records) of NOAA - the latest in the season we have gone without measurable snow, and 1 inch of snow:
Snowfall (0.1 inches)
|Latest 1 inch of snowfall|
|Harrisburg||January 23rd (1890)||February 13th (1992)|
|Williamsport||January 16th (1924)||February 4th (1995)|
|Here is visual proof that it DID snow in Southeastern PA (and all the way to the Atlantic coast) on the evening of the 25th of January!
See the nice snow stripe on the visible image below.
Harrisburg picked up a half of an inch in the snow burst that came during the late evening rush hour (around 6 pm).
2007 Weather Events/Features:
- Strong Winds crossed the region on Dec 23rd, causing damage in spots.
- Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th
- First Clipper of the Season, December 5th
- Snow-Sleet-Freezing Rain-Rain of December 2nd and 3rd
- Snow Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (Nov 17-18)
- 2007 Holm Award
- New Snowfall/Winter reporting criteria for SkyWarn Spotters!
- October 2007 Warmest October Ever at Williamsport and Harrisburg
- Arctic Sea Ice Below Normal
- October 2007 will be the hottest October ever!
- October's (Record) Hot Weather
- Severe Storms and Tornado of 26 Sept 2007.
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 30, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 25, 2007
- Large Hail Producing Storms in Lycoming County - August 17th
- EF1 Tornado in Eastern Centre County (Aug 7th)
- Thunderstorms produced flooding, hail and wind damage on Sunday Evening (July 29th)
- Pulse severe storms on Saturday (July 28th)
- A Brief Reprieve From The Dry Summer Weather (July 20th)
- How dry has it been? (Mid July)
- Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (July 10th)
- Heavy Rain and Hail around Harrisburg on July 5th
- Office view of the State College fireworks display
- Pulse Storms in Record Heat of June 27th, 2007
- Widespread Severe Weather Event, June 19th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 2 - June 13th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 1 - June 12th, 2007
- Severe Squall Line Event June 8th, 2007
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 27 May 2007.
- NWS Open House Severe Weather Event, 12 May 2007.
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 10 May 2007.
- Late Season Nor'Easter (16 March).
- The Valentine's Day Storm (13-14 February).
- Late Start to the Snow - Winter 2006-07.
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,