|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania|
|Hot, humid weather arrived in Central Pennsylvania on Monday. Highs on Monday, July 9th reached the mid to upper 90s across the state with highs on Tuesday, July 10th expected to be at about the same levels. The humidity will also add to the high heat index especially in the southeastern portion of the state with heat indicies approaching 100.
The good news is a cold front will move across the area Wednesday night ushering in cooler, drier air for the latter part of the week. The front will likely spark afternoon thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon but bring much needed rain to the area. However by Thursday temperatures will be back to normal levels. Forecast high temperatures will be in the upper 70s and lower 80s late this week and through the weekend with lower humidity and cool pleasant nights.
|Max and Min Temperatures across the Northeast on Monday July 9th.|
|High temperatures expected across Central Pennsylvania for Tuesday July 10th.|
|Afternoon Heat Index for Tuesday, July 10th|
|High temperatures expected across Central Pennsylvania for Wednesday July 11th.|
|Afternoon Heat Index for Wednesday, July 11th|
2007 Weather Events/Features:
- Strong Winds crossed the region on Dec 23rd, causing damage in spots.
- Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th
- First Clipper of the Season, December 5th
- Snow-Sleet-Freezing Rain-Rain of December 2nd and 3rd
- Snow Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (Nov 17-18)
- 2007 Holm Award
- New Snowfall/Winter reporting criteria for SkyWarn Spotters!
- October 2007 Warmest October Ever at Williamsport and Harrisburg
- Arctic Sea Ice Below Normal
- October 2007 will be the hottest October ever!
- October's (Record) Hot Weather
- Severe Storms and Tornado of 26 Sept 2007.
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 30, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 25, 2007
- Large Hail Producing Storms in Lycoming County - August 17th
- EF1 Tornado in Eastern Centre County (Aug 7th)
- Thunderstorms produced flooding, hail and wind damage on Sunday Evening (July 29th)
- Pulse severe storms on Saturday (July 28th)
- A Brief Reprieve From The Dry Summer Weather (July 20th)
- How dry has it been? (Mid July)
- Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (July 10th)
- Heavy Rain and Hail around Harrisburg on July 5th
- Office view of the State College fireworks display
- Pulse Storms in Record Heat of June 27th, 2007
- Widespread Severe Weather Event, June 19th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 2 - June 13th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 1 - June 12th, 2007
- Severe Squall Line Event June 8th, 2007
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 27 May 2007.
- NWS Open House Severe Weather Event, 12 May 2007.
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 10 May 2007.
- Late Season Nor'Easter (16 March).
- The Valentine's Day Storm (13-14 February).
- Late Start to the Snow - Winter 2006-07.
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,