|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|October 2007 will be the warmest October on record!|
|The record warmth at the beginning of this October only began our stretch of hot weather. Normal temperatures are expected through the end of the month, and will most likely lead to October 2007 becoming the warmest October on record.
At the end of the day on the 30th:
We were still 0.9°F above the RECORD warmest October ever at Williamsport (IPT) with a mean temperature of 59.7°F this month so far. The record hottest October in Williamsport was 58.8°F set in 1971.
We were also 0.9°F above the RECORD warmest October ever at Harrisburg (MDT) with a mean temperature of 62.4°F this month so far. The record hottest October in Harrisburg was 61.5°F set in 1984.
Above Normal temperatures are expected today! We actually only need the AVERAGE temperature today to be 36°F at MDT, and 31°F at IPT, to set the record hottest October at those sites. The morning lows were at or above these numbers at both sites. So, we will break the records.
Temperatures (°F) and
(forecast) Departure from Normal:
norm : 46
Resulting monthly mean temperature: 59.4°F
which would be 0.6 degrees above the previous
record hottest October (1971) in Williamsport.
norm : 49
Resulting monthly mean temperature: 62.0 °F
which would be 0.5 degrees above the previous
record hottest October (1984) in Harrisburg.
See more graphs like this!
|Temperature Graph of October 2007 versus daily normals and records.|
2007 Weather Events/Features:
- Strong Winds crossed the region on Dec 23rd, causing damage in spots.
- Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th
- First Clipper of the Season, December 5th
- Snow-Sleet-Freezing Rain-Rain of December 2nd and 3rd
- Snow Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (Nov 17-18)
- 2007 Holm Award
- New Snowfall/Winter reporting criteria for SkyWarn Spotters!
- October 2007 Warmest October Ever at Williamsport and Harrisburg
- Arctic Sea Ice Below Normal
- October 2007 will be the hottest October ever!
- October's (Record) Hot Weather
- Severe Storms and Tornado of 26 Sept 2007.
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 30, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 25, 2007
- Large Hail Producing Storms in Lycoming County - August 17th
- EF1 Tornado in Eastern Centre County (Aug 7th)
- Thunderstorms produced flooding, hail and wind damage on Sunday Evening (July 29th)
- Pulse severe storms on Saturday (July 28th)
- A Brief Reprieve From The Dry Summer Weather (July 20th)
- How dry has it been? (Mid July)
- Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (July 10th)
- Heavy Rain and Hail around Harrisburg on July 5th
- Office view of the State College fireworks display
- Pulse Storms in Record Heat of June 27th, 2007
- Widespread Severe Weather Event, June 19th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 2 - June 13th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 1 - June 12th, 2007
- Severe Squall Line Event June 8th, 2007
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 27 May 2007.
- NWS Open House Severe Weather Event, 12 May 2007.
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 10 May 2007.
- Late Season Nor'Easter (16 March).
- The Valentine's Day Storm (13-14 February).
- Late Start to the Snow - Winter 2006-07.
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,