|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th|
|On Thursday, December 13th, the region experienced a widespread winter storm. The storm only produced precipitation for 8 or 9 hours, but packed a whollop. See the reports below for the snow (and sleet) accumulations. Snow was deepest over the North, with Sleet the predominant precipitation type in the central third of the state. Freezing rain fell across the southern third to half of the state, accumulating up to a third of an inch on trees, power lines, and untreated surfaces, but turned to plain rain later in the storm. The heavy sleet and ice caused a few power outages.|
NOUS41 KCTP 140249
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
947 PM EST THU DEC 13 2007
THE FOLLOWING ARE UNOFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS TAKEN DURING THE PAST 24 HOURS
FOR THE STORM THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTING OUR REGION. APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED
TO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENTS...COOPERATIVE OBSERVERS...SKYWARN SPOTTERS
AND MEDIA FOR THESE REPORTS. THIS SUMMARY IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON OUR
HOME PAGE AT WEATHER.GOV/CTP
********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************
LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS
EMPORIUM 8.0 130 PM 12/13
SINNEMAHONING 3.1 255 PM 12/13
PHILIPSBURG 3.0 620 PM 12/13
BENTON 5.0 600 PM 12/13
ORANGEVILLE 2.5 200 PM 12/13
CAMP HILL 0.1 500 PM 12/13 SLEET
HARRISBURG 0.5 630 PM 12/13 SLEET
RIDGWAY 1.4 257 PM 12/13
MUNCY 4.0 430 PM 12/13
WILLIAMSPORT 3.0 300 PM 12/13 TURNING TO SLEET
SMETHPORT 7.0 100 PM 12/13
BRADFORD 4.0 200 PM 12/13
KANE 2.3 100 PM 12/13 SNOW AND SLEET
SHAMOKIN 2.2 345 PM 12/13
MONTANDON 1.5 530 PM 12/13
COUDERSPORT 6.5 110 PM 12/13
ROULETTE 5.5 1230 PM 12/13
MUIR 1.0 315 PM 12/13 SLEET MELTING
TAMAQUA 1.0 316 PM 12/13 SLEET
AUBURN 0.9 545 PM 12/13 SLEET
WELLSBORO 7.2 200 PM 12/13 TURNING TO SLEET
|Snow (and Sleet) on Dec 13th|
|Snow (and Sleet) from Dec 13th|
2007 Weather Events/Features:
- Strong Winds crossed the region on Dec 23rd, causing damage in spots.
- Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th
- First Clipper of the Season, December 5th
- Snow-Sleet-Freezing Rain-Rain of December 2nd and 3rd
- Snow Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (Nov 17-18)
- 2007 Holm Award
- New Snowfall/Winter reporting criteria for SkyWarn Spotters!
- October 2007 Warmest October Ever at Williamsport and Harrisburg
- Arctic Sea Ice Below Normal
- October 2007 will be the hottest October ever!
- October's (Record) Hot Weather
- Severe Storms and Tornado of 26 Sept 2007.
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 30, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 25, 2007
- Large Hail Producing Storms in Lycoming County - August 17th
- EF1 Tornado in Eastern Centre County (Aug 7th)
- Thunderstorms produced flooding, hail and wind damage on Sunday Evening (July 29th)
- Pulse severe storms on Saturday (July 28th)
- A Brief Reprieve From The Dry Summer Weather (July 20th)
- How dry has it been? (Mid July)
- Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (July 10th)
- Heavy Rain and Hail around Harrisburg on July 5th
- Office view of the State College fireworks display
- Pulse Storms in Record Heat of June 27th, 2007
- Widespread Severe Weather Event, June 19th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 2 - June 13th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 1 - June 12th, 2007
- Severe Squall Line Event June 8th, 2007
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 27 May 2007.
- NWS Open House Severe Weather Event, 12 May 2007.
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 10 May 2007.
- Late Season Nor'Easter (16 March).
- The Valentine's Day Storm (13-14 February).
- Late Start to the Snow - Winter 2006-07.
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,