|Local forecast by|
"City, ST" or zip code
|Oregon Scientific NWR Recall, August 2007|
|The electronics manufacturer Oregon Scientific has recalled some of their NWR Receivers. See details below:|
See an article on the Comsumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) Website
from Oregon Scientific's web site
NOUS41 KWBC 313724
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HEADQUARTERS WASHINGTON DC
120 PM EDT FRI AUG 31 2007
TO: FAMILY OF SERVICES /FOS/ SUBSCRIBERS...NOAA
WEATHER WIRE SERVICE /NWWS/ SUBSCRIBERS...EMERGENCY
MANAGERS WEATHER INFORMATION NETWORK /EMWIN/
SUBSCRIBERS...NOAAPORT SUBSCRIBERS...OTHER NATIONAL
WEATHER SERVICE /NWS/ PARTNERS AND OTHER USERS...
FROM: ROBERT J. MCLEOD
OFFICE OF CLIMATE...WATER...AND WEATHER SERVICES
SUBJECT: VOLUNTARY RECALL OF FOUR OREGON SCIENTIFIC WEATHER
OREGON SCIENTIFIC INCORPORATED...IN COOPERATION WITH THE U.S.
CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION...IS VOLUNTARILY RECALLING
FOUR OF ITS WEATHER RADIO RECEIVERS. THE RECALLED PRODUCTS ARE
MODEL NUMBERS WR103NX...WR108...WRB308...AND WRB308J. REFER TO
THE MODEL NUMBER LISTED ON THE BACK CASING OF THE UNIT TO
DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR PRODUCT IS AFFECTED.
THE RADIOS ARE BEING RECALLED BECAUSE THEY COULD FAIL TO RECEIVE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALERT SIGNALS IN CERTAIN AREAS OF THE
COUNTRY. CONSUMERS SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE RECALLED WEATHER
RADIOS TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY ALERT INFORMATION. IF YOU OWN ONE OF
THE AFFECTED RADIOS...YOU SHOULD CONTACT OREGON SCIENTIFIC FOR
INSTRUCTIONS ON RETURNING THE RADIO TO RECEIVE A FREE
OWNERS OF MODEL NUMBERS WR103NX...WR108...WRB308...OR WRB308J
SHOULD CALL OREGON SCIENTIFIC AT 800-203-4921 BETWEEN 8 AM AND
5 PM PACIFIC TIME MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY OR VISIT THE FIRM/S WEB
SITE AT WWW2.OREGONSCIENTIFIC.COM /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/.
THIS RECALL IS ONLY FOR THE OREGON SCIENTIFIC WEATHER RADIO
RECEIVER MODELS LISTED ABOVE.
INFORMATION ON THE NOAA WEATHER RADIO ALL HAZARDS PROGRAM CAN BE
FOUND ON THE INTERNET AT /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/:
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS...PLEASE CONTACT:
SILVER SPRING MARYLAND
301-713-0090 X 161
NWS NATIONAL PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTS AND CHANGE NOTICES
ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT /USE LOWER CASE LETTERS/:
2007 Weather Events/Features:
- Strong Winds crossed the region on Dec 23rd, causing damage in spots.
- Ice and Snow Storm of December 13th
- First Clipper of the Season, December 5th
- Snow-Sleet-Freezing Rain-Rain of December 2nd and 3rd
- Snow Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (Nov 17-18)
- 2007 Holm Award
- New Snowfall/Winter reporting criteria for SkyWarn Spotters!
- October 2007 Warmest October Ever at Williamsport and Harrisburg
- Arctic Sea Ice Below Normal
- October 2007 will be the hottest October ever!
- October's (Record) Hot Weather
- Severe Storms and Tornado of 26 Sept 2007.
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 30, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms - August 25, 2007
- Large Hail Producing Storms in Lycoming County - August 17th
- EF1 Tornado in Eastern Centre County (Aug 7th)
- Thunderstorms produced flooding, hail and wind damage on Sunday Evening (July 29th)
- Pulse severe storms on Saturday (July 28th)
- A Brief Reprieve From The Dry Summer Weather (July 20th)
- How dry has it been? (Mid July)
- Hot Weather Arrives in Central Pennsylvania (July 10th)
- Heavy Rain and Hail around Harrisburg on July 5th
- Office view of the State College fireworks display
- Pulse Storms in Record Heat of June 27th, 2007
- Widespread Severe Weather Event, June 19th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 2 - June 13th, 2007
- Severe Thunderstorms in Northeast Flow - Day 1 - June 12th, 2007
- Severe Squall Line Event June 8th, 2007
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 27 May 2007.
- NWS Open House Severe Weather Event, 12 May 2007.
- Severe (Hail) Storms of 10 May 2007.
- Late Season Nor'Easter (16 March).
- The Valentine's Day Storm (13-14 February).
- Late Start to the Snow - Winter 2006-07.
Local Climate, Water & Weather Topics:
Forecasts, Current Hazards, Current Conditions, Water Resources, Radar, Satellite, Climate,
Weather Safety, Wireless/PDAs, Feature Articles,