|Local forecast by
"City, St" or Zip Code
Frequently Ask Questions
This is a growing list of questions related to navigation of the National Weather Service at Binghamton's web site.
- Where can I find daily temperatures, rainfall, snowfall etc, for Binghamton, Syracuse, and the Scranton/Wilkes-barre area?
Answer: «Try to the climate help page»
- Is there daily climate data for locations other than Binghamton, Syracuse, and the Scranton/Wilkes-barre area?
Answer: Yes, on the NOWData page
- Can I find daily averages and records for Binghamton, Syracuse, and the Scranton/Wilkes-barre area?
Answer: «Yes right here»
- My child is doing a project where they need the temperature, relative humidity, wind speed, etc at a certain time of the day.
However, we forgot to write it down. Can I find that here?
Answer: Yes there is a two week archive of hourly conditions... «Weather Archive»
- What is a Winter Storm Watch? Blizzard Warning? etc...
- Where can I find Windchill information?
Answer: on the left side of the web page at the bottom there is a link to Windchill information. Or, you can just following this link.
- Information about changes to the point and click forecasts. «Read More»
- Some useful forecast terms used in the point and click and Zone Forecasts. «Read More»
- Where can I find information about a past, significant weather event(s)? Answer: Please check either the Weather Events or
Research pages. These page can also be found on the left side of our page.
- How can I become an observer or storm spotter for the National Weather Service? Answer: Please look over the information on our
Spotter page and in the SKYWARN section.
- Is there a page where I can convert temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius or calculate the Heat Index, etc? Answer: Yes its the