Damage to crops and other vegetation should be reported to the National Weather Service.  When reporting, convey the extent of the damage (blown around, heavy damage or completely removed from the ground) and how widespread it is.  If you are able to notice a general pattern to the damage, such as swirls, convergence or a fanning out, you can state so.  However, you do not need to guess if the damage was caused by a tornado or straight-line winds.  That decision will be left to us.