National Weather Service
Since the attacks of 9-11, all federal facilities have had to adopt new measures to control access.
For this reason any group / person requesting a tour of the National Weather Service Forecast Office
in Blacksburg MUST fill out this form and supply all requested information prior to admittance. Please note that
tours will not be conducted when national security threat levels are in the severe or red category.
Prior to submitting the tour request form please note the following tour policies:
1. All tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
2. Tours will normally be scheduled Monday through Friday / 8 am to 4 pm.
3. Maximum number of people per tour group is 20.
4. The below tour request form must be completed and submitted to the National Weather Service in Blacksburg. Please fax your completed form to (540) 552-1650.
5. A list of all adults in the tour group must be supplied at least 72 hours prior to the tour.
6. No bags, packages, or purses are allowed to be carried into the building.
7. For Youth Groups, the minimum grade level is 6th grade.
8. Tours may be cancelled on short notice by the National Weather Service due to severe weather.
Questions or comments should be directed to RNK