Purpose of AOP.
This Operating Plan serves as the official document governing the
interaction and relationships between the National Weather Service,
and the federal, state and local natural resource and land management
agencies or cooperators in North Carolina.
Explanation of relationship between AOP and MOU.
This State Operating Plan is issued in lieu of a formal Memorandum
of Understanding (MOU) between the National Weather Service, federal,
state, and other agencies that rely on fire weather support. The
plan will outline forecast operations and services available to
users. This includes products and formats, dissemination and coordination,
and the responsibilities of the partners.
This Operating Plan will be the governing document for fire weather procedures and cooperation among the following agencies:
- NOAA National Weather Service
- US Forest Service
- USDI National Park Service
- NC Division of Forest Resources
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- US Army - Fort Bragg
- US Marine Corps - Camp Lejeune
- US Air Force - Dare County Bomb Range
- The Nature Conservancy
- USDI Bureau of Indian Affairs
- NC Division of Parks & Recreation
- US Army - Sunny Point Military Ocean Terminal
- US Marine Corps - Cherry Point
- NC Wildlife Resources Commission
The Southern Area Mobilization Guide and the National Mobilization
Guide further define the relationship between the natural resource
agencies and the NWS Incident Meteorologist.
This Operating Plan for Fire Weather Services conforms with the
Interagency Agreement for Meteorological
Services , valid from 2008 through 2012.