Damage to tall objects such as signs, power poles and light poles implies strong winds and should be reported to the National Weather Service.  When you report, specify the degree of damage.  Is the object leaning, was it completely toppled or did it snap in the middle?  If a power pole is down, be sure to report if there are power lines down as well.  Give the approximate time the damage occurred, if known.