Storm Ready Ohio
1. ____ Obtain the Ohio Revised Storm Ready Population Based Guidelines
from your local National Weather Service Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM).
2. ____ Fill out a Storm Ready Application based on the criteria in the Ohio Revised Storm Ready Population Based Guidelines.
3. ____ Submit the application to the WCM at your local National Weather Service Office.
4. ____ The chairperson from the Ohio Storm Ready Advisory Board
will contact the applicant regarding the board=s initial paper review of the application. (Normally occurs within 15 days of application submission).
5. ____ If the application is accepted, the chairperson from the Ohio Storm Ready Advisory Board will schedule a site visitation. (The site visit will be scheduled within 60 days of application acceptance).
6. ____ The site visit is conducted by members of the Ohio Storm Ready Advisory Board.
7. ____ The chairperson from the Ohio Storm Ready Advisory Board will contact the applicant to confirm or deny acceptance as a Storm Ready Community. (Normally within 30 days of site visit).
8. ____ When confirmed as Storm Ready, the WCM of the local National Weather Service Office will work with the community to arrange a recognition ceremony.
[ Back ]